Episode 102: Simi Botic is obsessed with coffee, beach vacations, and the 90s. A corporate attorney-turned-health-coach, she helps women nourish and nurture their bodies and lives, so they can live FULLY! Get instant access to her free three-part Breaking Up With Binges video series here. Simi works with women privately and in the virtual intuitive eating program Finally Free. Visit her at SimiBotic.com or @simibotic for more.
- Support the podcast by donating just $1 per episode HERE
- The moment in first grade that led Simi to believe her body was “too chubby”
- How her celiac diagnosis served as an excuse for eating strictly and obsessing over body image
- The out-of-body experience Simi had on her honeymoon that changed the course of her life
- How Simi’s food and body issues were secret from everyone except for her husband
- How to learn to communicate with your partner about what you want or need in a situation
- The first group workshop Simi led and the emotional reaction she experienced throughout it
- How she has emotionally moved on from her story, but is still entrenched in this conversation constantly
- The importance of making it a priority to explore interests outside of body image and food
- What the other side of an eating disorder looks like (and doesn’t look like)
- Why recovery, and post-recovery, isn’t crystal clear
- The amazing things, and not so amazing things, about Simi’s first pregnancy
- Why Simi isn’t concerned with her “post-pregnancy” body
- What Simi has to say about strangers giving themselves permission to reach out and touch her belly
- Must-read book: Spirit Junkie by Gabby Bernstein
Connect with Simi:
Become a patron of the show and donate as little as $1 HERE!
Did you enjoy hearing about pregnancy in this podcast? Let me know by commenting below, or share in the MBM Podcast Tribe Facebook Group!