Episode 114: Samantha Skelly is the founder of Hungry For Happiness, a movement to support women around the world who are suffering from disordered eating and body image issues. She is a award winning, sought out international speaker who delivers inspirational presentations to empower those who struggle with the relationship they have to food and their bodies. Samantha has appeared on Global TV, Shaw, NBC and CBC to share her mission on an international platform. Hungry For Happiness creates online accessible and affordable recovery resources to those who are suffering in silence. Samantha was awarded ‘Top 24 under 24’ in September 2013, In 2014 she was a finalist as the ‘Best Emerging Entrepreneur’ by Small Business BC. Samantha Skelly aims to create a disruptive company in the eating disorder recovery space. Her vision is to create the largest and most impactful online resource to support those who’s lives are negatively affected by issues with food and their bodies.
- Apply to the Forever Free Retreat HERE
- How Samantha’s relationship with her body took a toll when she left the performing world
- When fitness and “health” took control of her life and drove her into the hospital
- How teaching others to break free from the diet cycle became her life’s mission
- How guided meditations were (and are) one of Samantha’s saving graces
- Bob Proctor and Dr. Wayne Dyer‘s guided meditation videos
- The importance of consciously restructuring beliefs and thoughts that don’t serve you
- “When you pray, move your feet,” meaning: when your pray and leave things up to God, do what you can here on earth
- Why shedding emotional weight should be the goal, not physical weight
- How sexual trauma is one of the most common factors that contribute to emotional weight
- How Samantha’s whole jam is “lightness” (lightness of the mind)
- In order to disconnect with the stresses of the world and the media, you must begin to trust yourself
- Why it’s important to ask yourself in a relationship, “Who do I want to become in this relationship?” and “How do I want to feel in this relationship?”
- Why relationships are hotbeds for healing
- If you choose abundance every single day, you will create a better relationship with pretty much everything in your life (food, relationships, money)
- How Samantha shows herself self-care on a daily basis
Connect with Samantha:
Join the FOREVER FREE RETREAT! If you want to come to Boulder, CO and experience a life-changing weekend with beautiful soul sisters on a mission for freedom, apply HERE.
READY TO UNCOVER YOUR DREAMS? For only those that are ready and committed, click HERE to apply for my 1:1 coaching program.
Become a Patreon for the show and pledge as little as $1 per episode HERE.
Sign up for Scripture, Food and Healing while the doors are still open HERE.