Episode 259: Ruby Warrington is a British lifestyle writer and former features editor of the Sunday Times Style supplement. She is the creator of The Numinous, an online magazine that bridges the gap between the mystical and the mainstream, and the co-founder of “sober curious” event series Club SÖDA NYC, and Moon Club, an online mentoring program for spiritual activists. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband, Simon.
- Maddy’s complicated relationship with alcohol and previous abuse in college and with her eating disorder.
- Why our culture is revolving more around alcohol.
- How to have a thriving lifestyle and not feel excluded if you don’t have a drink.
- ‘Sober curious’ — why Ruby created that term and how she defines it.
- What is Club Soda NYC? https://www.clubsoda.nyc/
- “Anyone who drinks just a little bit, is probably, kinda, just a little bit addicted.”
- Why she believes it’s more difficult to not become addicted to alcohol.
- The 3 things that create addiction.
- How to notice and appreciate the uncomfortable “sober firsts”.
- Ruby’s personal journey with alcohol and why she is so interested in helping others.
- The careers that have the highest addiction rates.
- “When you’re alcohol-free, you’re forced to determine if the people around you are really in alignment.”
- Why her connections are deeper with people now without alcohol, especially with her husband.
- Her steps to gain back control of your life without using alcohol.
- The scarcity mindset and how we use alcohol to overcome it.
- How to trust that if something is really made for you, it won’t pass through you.
- Creating boundaries around social media to help with addictions.
- Her favorite Harney & Sons tea HERE https://www.harney.com/collections/japanese-green-tea/products/japanese-sencha
- Ruby’s book: Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol: https://amzn.to/2J36Zoo
Connect with Ruby:
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/ruby.warrington
- Facebook – The Numinous Magazine: https://facebook.com/thenuminousmagazine
- Facebook – Club Soda NYC: https://www.facebook.com/groups/clubsodanyc
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/The_Numinous
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/the_numinous
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: this school is the one-stop-shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
EMBODIED ARCHETYPE RETREAT: unlock parts of yourself that you’ve been shaming, blaming or hiding for too long. Learn how to integrate your “shadow sides” so that they not only feel welcomed in your life but they also create more love, peace and feminine/masculine harmony. Apply: http://maddymoon.com/events