Episode 303: Best known for his portrayal of Walter “Flynn” White for five riveting seasons of AMC’S Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award winning dramatic thriller “Breaking Bad,” RJ Mitte is an actor, advocate and philanthropist who has carved out his niche in Hollywood by breaking down stereotypes and changing people’s mindsets with his easy going demeanor and positive outlook on life while coping with cerebral palsy. He will be seen next starring alongside Terrence Howard as a high school wrestler overcoming all odds to be seen as “normal,” in TRIUMPH; premiering in mid 2020.
- Allowing space for change arriving as a result of the coronavirus COVID-19 crisis.
- We can now make an impact in a small area, that affects a large group of people, in a way we haven’t been able to before.
- RJ moved to Texas to focus on his foundation – www.mittefoundation.org/
- Sign up for background acting if you’re trying to break into the industry.
- RJ’s pre-Breaking Bad background/extra work included appearances on Hannah Montana, Weeds, 7th Heaven.
- Acting as creating entities or alter egos as a form of therapy.
- Recently completed Inclusion Films’ Carol of the Bells with Inclusion Films – inclusionfilms.com/carol-of-the-bells/
- 70% disabled cast and crew, goal to be a platform for encouraging hiring of people with disabilities.
- “Our job as actors is not to be us; it’s to be a completely different person that we create for that world.”
- People with the right skill-sets don’t always get the jobs, while people without the skill-sets might get the jobs for various reasons.
- On combating discrimination: thinking in terms of tearing down walls, but using walls as leverage. Find where you belong and where you want to be.
- “Right now there’s a lot of people at home that don’t want to be at home, but they don’t know where they want to be. They know they want to be somewhere, but they don’t know where. They don’t know how they’re going to get there, but they know when this is done, they’re going to go do that.”
- Using this time to hone who you are and hone what you want to do.
- “Find the target you want to hit now – when everyone is so wound up, everyone’s going to fly. Just make sure you’re pointing in the right direction.”
- What exactly are we in a rush to “get back” to?
- Creating healthy habits – isolation is a struggle.
- Right now people aren’t doing things that have been keeping them sane.
- Cooking, swimming, video games, working – but maintaining positive settings – are some of RJ’s healthy habits.
- Everyone is born a leader – but you’re taught to not follow internal instincts.
Connect with RJ:
- Twitter: twitter.com/RjMitte
Prefer video? Watch this interview on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThOVlGO_yV4&t=350s
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: this school is the one-stop-shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
EMBODIED ARCHETYPE RETREAT: unlock parts of yourself that you’ve been shaming, blaming or hiding for too long. Learn how to integrate your “shadow sides” so that they not only feel welcomed in your life but they also create more love, peace and feminine/masculine harmony. Apply: http://maddymoon.com/events