Episode 118: Mansal Denton is the co-founder of Nootropedia (new-trow-picks), which is an unbiased and accessible platform to learn about nootropics and smart drugs. When he isn’t improving cognitive function in others, he enjoys a host of active hobbies. He likes jiu-jitsu when his body allows, meditation, and a healthy dose of travel. He enjoys learning lessons whether they come from life experience or books and podcasts.
- How My Insecurities Led Me To Prison by Mansal Denton
- In Prison I Found My Freedom Through My Personal Discipline
- Why Mansal stole historical documents in order to visit a woman in Europe
- How getting arrested changed and challenged him, but how 6 months in prison completely transformed him
- How “Mans” was the nickname he wanted people to call him so they wouldn’t find out about his sentencing
- His parents’ reaction when they found out about his theft
- The process he took in order to start speaking up, and eventually shouting out, to release shame
- I share something about my past I’ve never shared before…(It involves stealing… yup!)
- The science behind empathy and how people take on others’ emotions
- The beautiful balance between surrendering to what you cannot control, and controlling what you can
- Discipline that creates SHAME looks like: “I have to do XYZ or I’m not good enough” whereas discipline that creates FREEDOM looks like: “I want to do XYZ because that will get me closer to the person I want to be.”
- How Mansal created discipline and routine in prison (and why he was adamant about sticking to it)
- Making lists every single day kept him in a creative spurt
- His desire to keep his body active and moving in prison (with very little outdoor time)
- The types of food that you have to eat in prison, and how Mansal learned to let go his standards of food
- The time Mansal had to stand up for himself in prison, and some of the things you have to watch out for
- Must-read book: Zen Mind Beginner’s Mind
Connect with Mansal:
READY TO UNCOVER YOUR DREAMS? For only those that are ready and committed, click HERE to apply for my 1:1 coaching program.
Become a Patreon for the show and pledge as little as $1 per episode HERE.