Episode 110: Lu Uhrich is a Certified Eating Psychology Coach and Body Image Mentor who specializes in helping women to overcome their struggles with yo-yo dieting, food restriction, binge eating, shame, body hate and other unwanted mindsets and behaviors. Through her one-on-one coaching program and online courses, Lu guides clients to end the exhausting hustle for food and body perfection by finding out who they really are, what they truly want, and how to finally get it. Visit www.lueats.com to learn more about Lu and grab her free guide How to Befriend Your Body + Make Peace with Food. Or, follow her on [email protected] for a daily dose of self-love inspiration.
- Why Lu never had body image issues as a kid (even being a tall girl), but how that all changed when she did a fitness program at a vulnerable time in her life
- The many consequences Lu experienced from taking the fitness program too far
- Why Lu’s upbringing contributed to her being so confident in her skin
- How voices of people who have been disappointed in you in your past can come back as an adult as your inner mean girl
- The time period when Lu would binge eat excessively (economy sized bags of chocolate chips) in secrecy, and started to experience night sweats, joint pain, and isolation
- How her husband showed up for her during her recovery by supporting the investment of coaching
- How to encourage growth and independence within yourself (and your partner) in a long-term relationship or marriage
- The importance of communication when you need space, growth or anything else in a relationship
- Story time! How Lu and her husband met freshman year of college in a science class
- How Lu is different in appearance and lifestyle, but how it’s helped her value the gift of authenticity
- The two choices you have in life: either live fully or die fighting against your true self
- What it means to date your body (AKA Google stalk them)
- Why it might not be the best to force feed appreciation for your body, but it is beneficial to just be with your body and cultivate appreciation out of that
- Must-read book: Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill
Connect with Lu:
READY TO FINALLY SURRENDER TO YOUR GREATNESS + CHANGE YOUR LIFE? For only those that are ready and committed, click HERE to apply for my 1:1 coaching program.
Become a Patreon for the show and pledge as little as $1 per episode HERE.
Sign up for Scripture, Food and Healing while the early bird special is still happening HERE.