Episode 299: Joe Towne is an award-winning writer and director who got his degree in Acting from the University of Southern California. He’s been a coach for the past 19 years for both businesses and performers – some of whom are selling that product you just bought or starring in that movie you Netflixed last night. This work compelled him to write a book about how our inner reality affects our outer experience, which led him to be a guest on the Dr. Oz show. As an actor, Joe Towne has worked with people like Jennifer Love Hewitt and Hillary Swank and you can see him opposite Rebel Wilson in Isn’t It Romantic, which premiered in February of 2019 and is now available on iTunes.
Joe Towne is also an acting coach at one of the top studios in Hollywood where he co-created their audition technique program. He works with professional actors and athletes, as they transition from their sport into the entertainment industry. He also works with corporations bringing Mindset into practice in the workplace. Last summer Joe helped coached up the top 24 high school quarterbacks in the country at the Elite 11 weekend in Los Angeles. The Actors Mindset program has been in Los Angeles (both independently and at The Aquila School), at USC, UCLA and most recently at the Vancouver Film School. To learn more about Mindset check out this interview on THAT ONE AUDITION podcast.
- Why artists need boredom.
- Why you are an artist.
- Grab Madelyn’s Free Gifts: maddymoon.com/freegift
- Being an artist doesn’t mean being in deprivation and scarcity.
- The alarming financial statistics with being an actor.
- Madelyn’s struggles with feeling scarcity while exploring the artist’s world.
- “The myth of the tortured artist”
- The old model that there isn’t enough for me unless I suffer.
- “Nothing abundant comes from burnout. When you’re not embodying abundance, you’re not going to attract it.”
- The reason why we can’t speak generally about abundance.
- If you’re wanting to be a full-time actor, how do you not get into burnout?
- The principle of sustainability.
- “Take your rest as seriously as your hustle.”
- How Feng Shui and your environment ties into an abundant mindset.
- Your environment reflects you whether it’s seen or in a drawer — everything creates this constellation of energy that affects what’s coming up.
- “That is which is closest to you has the greatest impact on you.”
- Our entire home is marketing to us all day long and our home is a vision board.
- The stages of a Feng Shui makeover.
- The pitfalls of Feng Shui.
- Every culture has their own version of Feng Shui.
- “Joy is the vehicle that you travel your life with.”
- The “flow state” or “runners high” – the optimal state of being.
- Must-read book: The Alchemist https://amzn.to/2RtX2FN ; Peak Performance https://amzn.to/34aASxk
Connect with Joe:
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: this school is the one-stop-shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
EMBODIED ARCHETYPE RETREAT: unlock parts of yourself that you’ve been shaming, blaming or hiding for too long. Learn how to integrate your “shadow sides” so that they not only feel welcomed in your life but they also create more love, peace and feminine/masculine harmony. Apply: http://maddymoon.com/events