Episode 281: Jillian Richardson is committed to creating connection and community by organizing places where people feel seen, heard, and valued. As a professional community builder, public speaker, and writer, Jillian is most known for being the founder of The Joy List, a weekly newsletter with the mission of reducing loneliness in New York City and eventually the world. She’s been sending it out every Monday morning for three years, helping thousands of people build connection to both place and each other. In addition to her successful career in community consulting and event design, Jillian Richardson has just released her first book and #1 Amazon new release, Unlonely Planet.
- Feminine Spirit School – Create Your Own Feminine Flow, Fire and Freedom: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
- How did the Joy List get started?
- The impact that Donald Trump getting elected had on the Joy List.
- The average American has 1 close friend.
- 75% of Americans are not satisfied with their friends that they do have.
- “I think we don’t have the skills anymore to have deep relationships. We lack the skills it takes to form deep relationships.”
- Most people are hungry for a deep connection.
- Why we normally give more emphasis to our romantic relationships than friendships.
- Soul friend – “Anam Cara”
- We treat friendships as our secondary values when really they need to be first.
- Friendships can be just as triggering as our romantic relationships.
- The signs of a really special relationship.
- “Hair and nail” friends
- “When you’re not doing the inner work, the friendship (container) isn’t clear.”
- Way #1: Let people publically know what you’re looking for.
- Way #2: Let people know if you want to be in a deep relationship with them.
- “Consistency is key when it comes to deepening friendships and that requires vulnerability for asking for consistency in the first place.”
- How do you approach someone who you’re interested in being friends with?
- Way #3: Volunteer
- Way #4: find spaces where you can share with strangers.
- The balance between authenticity and protecting your energy.
- Way #5: enter generational spaces
- Jillian’s ideal 4-hour event.
- What Jillian wants more of in life.
- Must-read book: Death Over Dinner by Michael Hebb: https://amzn.to/2P8ekGt
- Must-read book: Anam Cara by John Donahue: https://amzn.to/35MjTB0
Connect with Jillian:
- Website: http://www.joylist.nyc/
- Unlonely Planet: How Healthy Congregations Can Change the World: https://amzn.to/33En6RB
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/joylistnyc
- Instagram – Joy List: http://www.instagram.com/joylistnyc
- Instagram – Jillian: http://www.instagram.com/thatJillian
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: this school is the one-stop-shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit