Episode 322: Empath and narcissist – such profoundly relevant terms in today’s world. Regardless of personal beliefs on the existence of empaths (those with a paranormal ability to apprehend the mental and emotional state of another person) it can be dangerous to one’s own emotional state to assume feelings experienced are the result of being an empath, versus one’s own emotions. In this episode Madelyn explores the overlap of empath and narcissist, with a deep case study of The Bachelorette for good measure.
- Madelyn’s life has been a bit transient since her last personal update.
- The uncertainty of her ungrounded situated also resulted in some physical manifestations/health consequences.
- Reviewing the podcast on various platforms is the best way to support and get the podcast higher on the listings:
- Empath definition: “A person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another person.”
- Ascribing your deep feelings to a self-identity as an empath may be an exhibition of poor mental self-care.
- Externalizing the root cause of emotions may be deflecting real self-actualization that has to happen.
- Madelyn walks through an extensive breakdown of The Bachelorette and the expression of these interactions, and projecting your own feelings onto others and label it being an “empath.”
- True empathy is not about making others’ experiences about you being able to feel what they feel.
- Madelyn has experience with someone she was raised with who considered themselves to be an empath.
- Red flags are using emotions to control others: “You made me feel this way.” “You don’t really care about me.”
COACHING: Receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. 6 month and 12 month coaching containers available. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
SISU SOCIETY: Madelyn’s *New* Monthly Membership Program includes two live teachings per month, a private Facebook community, resources and access to lessons on Devotional Love, Feminine Embodiment, Polarity, Relationships, Harnessing Higher Truths, Pleasure and so much more. If you’d like to be a part of the Society, learn more and join for $44/month here: http://maddymoon.com/sisu-society