Episode 261: The term “embodiment” is used plenty in the movement world, whether it’s yoga, acting or dance, but it doesn’t stop there. Embodiment practices can be (dare I say) ten times more helpful, healing and ground-breaking than talk therapy, courses, trainings or any relational program. And what’s even better is that you don’t need ANYTHING other than physical and spatial awareness in order to get embodied.
As long as you have a body, you are already killin’ it.
In episode 261, Madelyn Moon shares exactly what embodiment is and how it can help us reclaim our authentic power. By cultivating a daily embodiment practice, we’re able to release old trauma from the body and begin a healing journey back to ourselves. In this episode, Madelyn explains why embodiment is the foundation of her coaching practice, as well as her daily life.
- To get a free 30-day trial of Audible + 1 free book, go HERE
- Create 1-3 goals that you’d like to see come into fruition around friendships/community, career, financial self-care, and adventure.
- Why Madelyn will be doing more solo podcast episodes.
- A definition of embodiment and Madelyn’s example of stepping into the energy of a queen.
- How to summon your power and stop playing small.
- The discomfort that a feminine being feels from masculine energy.
- “Embodiment is about how to get back into the body when we’ve been taught to be in our head.”
- The gift of embodiment and what it provides for us.
- How trauma is stored in the body over time and how to heal it.
- Must-read book: The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
- Madelyn gets emotional when she connects into the pain that we as humans feel daily.
- How to find where in your body your heartbreak is stored.
- “Too often we think our way into embodiment.”
- How to trust that your body knows best.
- How to use embodiment to access the shadow side of yourself as well as how it relates to feminine and masculine energy.
- Reclaiming the “sacred slut, oracle, queen” archetypes and using them as a tool to access different parts of ourselves.
- The range of healing that embodiment provides.
- How to create sexual polarity by being in your body.
- How to access Courtney Love’s energy as a healthy shadow side.
- Archetypes can be anything — it’s safe and okay to do your day to day activities as anything you wish.
- The Embodied Archetype: Giving a Voice to the Hidden Shadow with Jamie Wollrab and Madelyn Moon HERE
Connect with Maddy:
- Facebook (and/or “follow” my profile HERE)
- Mind Body Musings Podcast
- Get your free gift HERE
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment, heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here.
EMBODIED ARCHETYPE RETREAT: unlock parts of yourself that you’ve been shaming, blaming or hiding for too long. Learn how to integrate your “shadow sides” so that they not only feel welcomed in your life but they also create more love, peace and feminine/masculine harmony. Apply here.
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: the school is the one stop shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here.