Episode 296: Dan Doty is a visionary entrepreneur, speaker, consultant, and the co-founder and voice of EVRYMAN. Dan is the host of the EVRYMAN podcast, and the former director of cult hit tv show MeatEater. He has been a 3-time guest on the Joe Rogan Experience, and twice on the Today Show. His role with EVRYMAN has been featured in the NYT, Men’s Health, GQ, and many more national and international publications. Dan is a man’s man with a well-developed tender side. Dan Doty embodies the ability for men to be exactly who they are, and is sharing that message that there are as many definitions of manhood as there are men on the planet.
- Blending “Work You” with “Real You”: Episode here: https://maddymoon.com/blending/
- Why we all need to forget the need to be “good”.
- Doing the things that make you come alive, is what makes more of you available for love and life.
- Fear is your thermometer for how close you’re getting to the thing you need to do in your life.
- My invitation to you is to dare to fail.
- So often we don’t do the thing we want to do because we don’t want to feel the feeling underneath that.
- Why Dan Doty doesn’t use the phrase “men’s work.”
- How to bring this energy into our family dynamics so that we don’t push them away.
- How Dan Doty got to the place where he no longer blames his father.
- Distinguishing between fault vs responsibility.
- One of the most powerful ways to get to a man is by being an example of someone they respect.
- “Men are fragile.”
- How Dan navigates being the protector to being open with his feelings/emotionally available.
- Reevaluating why we need protection from men — why are we putting pressure on men to protect us?
- What mothers and fathers need to be aware of for their little boys.
- How can we as parents slow down enough and unhook our agendas and allow our kids to have their own truth to come through?
- How to show the full spectrum of healthy emotions.
- “Partners use each other way too much as therapists – you need to have your own space to do your deep work.”
- “Men Have No Friends and Women Bear the Burden” article: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a27259689/toxic-masculinity-male-friendships-emotional-labor-men-rely-on-women/
- Repression of emotions and isolation are pandemics in our society.
- It’s truly terrifying to express our emotions as men.
- Must-read book: Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse https://amzn.to/3aLYdHB
- The Embodied Archetype Retreat, June 15-17: Apply: http://maddymoon.com/events
Connect with Dan:
- Instagram (Dan Doty): https://www.instagram.com/danieldoty/
- Instagram (EVRYMAN): https://www.instagram.com/_evryman_/
- Website: https://evryman.com/
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: this school is the one-stop-shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
EMBODIED ARCHETYPE RETREAT: unlock parts of yourself that you’ve been shaming, blaming or hiding for too long. Learn how to integrate your “shadow sides” so that they not only feel welcomed in your life but they also create more love, peace and feminine/masculine harmony. Apply: http://maddymoon.com/events