Episode 329: If you’re on a self-aware and overt path of energy and relationship work, it can be both a challenge to grow if your partner isn’t a “conscious man” on the same path, hasn’t read the same books, attended the same workshops, and cultivated the same awareness of intimacy dynamics. However, there’s also a great opportunity there, since if both partners are doing the same work very consciously, it can lead to a stilted sense of rigidity and overwhelming self-consciousness. It’s okay if you carry these ideas more consciously than your partner!
In this episode Madelyn explores this concept, covers the trouble spots as well as the benefits, and how to align your sensibilities to enhance your intimacy and stop waiting for the perfect conscious man.
- This episode’s topic is “withholding.”
- For an introduction to the topic, see Madelyn’s Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ32l27nOF8/
- There’s a misconception that both partners must have the knowledge of spirituality/sexuality in order for the couple to work in that sphere.
- Book: Blue Truth by David Deida: https://amzn.to/2XzltnK
- It only takes one person to be conscious and understanding of things like “eye contact during sex deepens intimacy.”
- It’s important to break the barrier of fear of looking or feeling stupid in order to evoke your spiritual intimacy and sexuality together.
- Intimacy with someone who is aware of these dynamics is different than intimacy with someone who is not.
- Both partners being very aware of this can make the process feel too predefined and static, or transform it into a performance.
- On the other hand, it can be a challenge if you or your partner is not aware.
- Taboos are the way that we sexualize our shame, which can be very positive.
- It’s showing you a place that deeply desires to be nourished and loved.
- If your partner is not aware of the work, those darker places might challenge their identity.
- If you are waiting for someone to check off all of these boxes, you are withholding, and you’re the one suffering.
- The deeper you go into your own practice, the more you will evoke it in your partner.
- This process can open you up to falling in love with more and more different “types” of people.
- Instagram and other platforms have a lot of strange censorship going on – make sure you’re on the email list as a backup! maddymoon.com/feminine
Connect with Madelyn:
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/moonfitness/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/madelynmoon/
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes: http://maddymoon.com/itunes
- Download my Four Favourite Feminine Embodiment Practices: https://maddymoon.com/freegift