Happy Monday, everybody. Today has been a good day for me. I had an amazing bicep/back work out, fueled up at Whole Foods, went to both my classes and now I’m about to start studying for a test I have Wednesday. But of course, before I could get settled in, I felt the urge to do 1. cooking and 2. blogging. My favourite things!
So today I wanted to make some carrot cake protein bars for my on-the-go meals to take to class. This recipe is one of the most popular recipes you can find on bodybuilding.com….not only is it a convenient pre/post workout snack but it’s perfect for going to work, class, trips or anywhere that you need to bring food with you! So here’s what you’re gunna need.
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup Stevia
- 8 oz baby food carrots
- 4 oz water
- (I even added a couple shakes of ground ginger)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix egg whites, Stevia, baby food carrots and water (optional) in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes
And the additional mixing….
And the beautiful final product!
I cut them into 8 bars, each bar having 94 calories, 10 g protein, 10 g carbs and 1.25 g fat. To watch Jamie Eason make these bars in her video click here.