Episode 262: Feeling like a “black sheep” in your circle of friends and/or with your family can feel incredibly painful. Maybe you dress differently than your family members; maybe you talk or sound differently; maybe you don’t think as conservatively as your family; maybe your life choices have simply gone against the grain from others around you. Whatever your situation may be, it can be very painful to feel like an outcast from those around you.
In this episode, Madelyn offers us a fresh perspective on feeling like a “black sheep.” She discusses her experience with feeling different from those in her family unit and how to shift your perspective to see this as a gift to your soul and to the world. You will learn how to best handle this experience so you can feel empowered and confident with those around you.
- Madelyn addresses a listener’s question about embodiment and embarrassment.
- Feminine Spirit School Waitlist: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
- What does it mean to be the “black sheep” of the family?
- Madelyn’s experience with being personally bullied and attacked growing up.
- Fear of being embarrassed holds us back — learn how to release its hold.
- “The emotions that come up with feeling embarrassment are the emotions that you want to move through.”
- Our stories from the past have created the shadows we have today.
- How we have learned from society what we should be embarrassed about.
- “If you feel that you’re different from the rest of your family, trust that your soul knew what it was doing when it reincarnated into your family.”
- Why Madelyn often attracts people who don’t feel understood.
- Learning to love yourself for being the black sheep and how to unconditionally love those people that don’t understand you.
- “We need to understand that when we go down a different path than what our family is going through, they’re going through their own experience.”
- How to stay in our own lane and not make anyone else wrong for not understanding us.
- Remaining committed to your why will keep you in your own lane.
- Madelyn’s experience with going to Asia and her family disapproving.
- We are our own source of approval. Let that be enough.
- Getting stuck in our heads is the exact opposite of embodiment.
Connect with Maddy:
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/moonfitness/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/madelynmoon/
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes: http://maddymoon.com/itunes
- Download my Four Favourite Feminine Embodiment Practices: https://maddymoon.com/freegift
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: this school is the one-stop-shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
EMBODIED ARCHETYPE RETREAT: unlock parts of yourself that you’ve been shaming, blaming or hiding for too long. Learn how to integrate your “shadow sides” so that they not only feel welcomed in your life but they also create more love, peace and feminine/masculine harmony. Apply: http://maddymoon.com/events