Episode 264: Alexandra Roxo is a transformational mentor, healer, writer, and artist who is extremely passionate about empowering women. Her writing on personal growth and female empowerment, the divine feminine resurgence, moon ritual, and modern spirituality can be read on Girl Boss.com, Teen Vogue, Mind Body Green, and Playboy. She has been featured in many publications for her deep, sensual, and raw approach to healing and transformation, and has also been named a “modern spiritual leader” by Well + Good.
Her 15 years of meditation practice and moon ritual is what inspired her to create Moon Club as a place to gather for deep sharing and deep practice relating to the internal spiritual journey. She is working on her first book with the publisher Sounds True, out in early 2020 and will be leading retreats in 2019 at 1440 Multiversity, Kripalu Center, and Maha Rose Mexico and enjoying life between NYC and LA!
- 3 spots left! Sign up for Maddy’s 4-week women’s coaching group to explore sacred feelings, shadow sides, feminine and masculine embodiment and archetypes. To register, send tuition to ‘maddymoon’ on Venmo.
- What happens when we clench our jaw and how it’s connected to our emotions.
- How Alexandra’s body feels before she hosts a ceremonial retreat and her grounding rituals.
- How to be a transmutation chamber for other people’s shit.
- “I definitely don’t recommend everyone being a healer or practitioner of energy without really deeply knowing yourself and without knowing your own wounds.”
- Why it took her 15 years of doing plant medicine and holistic healing before she taught it publicly.
- The 4-year-old hiatus that she took from relationships to heal her own wounds.
- A new perspective on having a relationship “work out.”
- Changing the old paradigm of having it all together in relationships.
- The liberation of being a “messy lover” and clearing and healing yourself.
- If you’re a teacher in the world, you cannot hold back the dark parts.
- Previous podcast episode with Laya Martin: https://maddymoon.com/layla-martin/
- It’s a lie that once you meet “your person” that everything is great.
- Maddy’s block with not being able to be physical with a man when she’s not in a relationship.
- Maddy’s tantric experience and going to a play party.
- “Sex energy is the highest magic.”
- Why Alexandra no longer enters into the space of playing with sex magic if she’s not in a relationship.
- Whatever wounds you have come out in the sex energy field.
- “If you’re interested in having a beautiful sexual experience, have them with yourself.”
- You have to be in a great relationship with your body or your pussy and heart will close.
- Must-read book: Dear Lover by David Deida https://amzn.to/2LQ071k
- Alexandra’s Sex Life Season: Voyeuristic documentary series about titillating sexual and erotic experiences: https://www.amazon.com/Sex-Life-Season-1/dp/B07SZKXQ3F
- A free month of Moon Club: https://www.moonclub.co/wanna-trial-moon-club/
Connect with Alexandra:
- Alexandra’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alexandraroxo/
- We Are Moon Club’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/radicalawakenings/
COACHING: receive personalized, 1:1 coaching from Maddy Moon to create your own feminine and masculine embodiment. Heal your heart, build confidence, create an online business (if that’s a goal!) or simply feel happier. Apply here: http://maddymoon.com/coaching
FEMININE SPIRIT SCHOOL: this school is the one-stop-shop for all things feminine energy! If you’ve been wanting to embody the feminine but feel stuck on the how, this program will take you through the entire realm from start to (well…we’re never really finished, are we?). Learn about the feminine/masculine, shadow sides, ancestral healing, boundary setting, empowerment, sensuality and sexuality, sovereignty and so much more. Sign up here: http://maddymoon.com/feminine-spirit
EMBODIED ARCHETYPE RETREAT: unlock parts of yourself that you’ve been shaming, blaming or hiding for too long. Learn how to integrate your “shadow sides” so that they not only feel welcomed in your life but they also create more love, peace and feminine/masculine harmony. Apply: http://maddymoon.com/events